Just The Facts
15 miles North NW of Des Moines – 7 miles west of Highway 35
Total Site – 500 acres Golf Course – 230 acres
Palmer Course Design
4 sets of tees ranging from 5039 – 7059 yards.
KEY DESIGN FEATURES
- Good mixture of open space and forest areas highlighted by hills, bluffs, ravines, valleys, mature canopied trees.
- Naturalized look that is unique to Iowa golf. Mature hardwood tree preservation throughout course site.
- Substantial water features – Big Creek (over 1-mile) lakes and ponds. Water on 13 holes.
- Over 1/2 million cubic yards of earth material moved.
- Selective clearing of 124 acres (primarily for fairways, greens and tees)
- “Stadium” designed into many holes highlighted by finishing holes of #17 and #18.
- Excellent hole separation – the feeling that you’re all alone on the course!
- Unique and significant elevation transitions-both nines have dramatic topography.
- Perhaps the best collection of Par-3’s in the state, our five Par 3’s include dramatic views and elevation drops, forced carries, and water features.
- Residential exposure does not impede upon the golf experience.
- Best Golf Course Des Moines and surrounding areas offer.
Overall dimensions: 300+ yards deep X 175 yards wide.
PRACTICE TEE AREA
- 2-tiered practice tee provides 25 hittings stations on each tier
- Six defined bent grass target greens.
- Private instruction tee located at back of practice facility.
- 10,000 square foot putting green along with separate chipping green including a sand bunker.
- Tees, Fairways, Greens – bent grass blend of A1 plus A4 types.
- Greens average a massive 7,000 square feet!
- Rough – Multiple varieties of bluegrass and fescue.
- Fescues, native grasses and wildflowers.
- Native aquatic vegetation.
- All bunker sand meets PGA Tour specifications.
- 30 bunkers including green side and large fairway bunkers
- Bunkers vary from small pot bunkers to large waste areas.
- 70 tee boxes up to six per hole.
- Teeing areas average 9,000 square feet.
- Fairways account for 30-acres and include generous landing areas, yet demanding approach shots.
- What you see is what you get – No Blind Shots or False Fronts
- Greens average 7,000 square feet featuring subtle breaks and undulations.
- 12 acres of “man-made” strategically positioned lakes.
- 6.5 miles of continuous concrete cart paths.
- Wood timber bridges (7) spanning water features.
- 900-head Rainbird irrigation system that produces 1350 gallons per minute.
- Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary certification in process.
Tournament Club of Iowa
1000 Tradition Drive
Polk City, Iowa 50226